Up In The Air

Sorry to hear about the projection. It breaks my heart to hear that. Thanks for the kind words Henry.

Eric, this was so good I went back to see it again.

Second time around, 35mm was much better, although there was physical damage at parts from a minimum wage film jockey at the first theatre (I know the projectionist and it had been gotten second run).

Anyway, I love the aerial footage, the montage of overhead aerial shots and the nonlinear editing the most, although, maybe I am giving props to the 2nd unit DoP; if so, sorry. Overall, I didn't notice any DI uglies that you alluded to I think in another thread. Film was crisp, lighting was crisp. No problems from me and I consider myself a critical eye!

I especially loved the shot in the hotel room where Alex walks up to the bed wearing only Ryan's tie :-D

Henry, thanks for putting a huge spoiler in there. I had missed that part and planned on going back tonight. No need now <_<

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah okay, very interesting - I suppose sometimes you just have to choose the technology for the art!

Are you trying to be sarcastic? I've seen these sorts of shots done on 35mm or 16mm. Neither is realistic. And they have been putting SD video in movies for a long LONG time, mercifully shot on TV sets small on the movie screens, sometimes, to alleviate the affront of low resolution imagery.

I actually like POV shots. I don't like the fact that we live in a world dominated by video capture for news and documentaries, but that is a battle that is 30 years lost really.

Anyway, most weddings were shot on S8 before video came around. HD is a step up from either of those :P

• 3 years later...

Hi There

I'm looking for ideas to light an interior plane and I found this great post. Many thanks Eric! Beautiful movie! But the images that you took with your phone of the 757 setup have disppeared. Is it possible to upload again? Does anybody have it?

Thanks again

Javier Julia

www.youtube.com/user/eljavierj

www.javierjulia.com