afternoon for morning... feasible?

I'm currently shooting a film in Mexico, and due to actor availability I'm considering shooting a mid morning scene in the afternoon. Its exterior. I'm sure this has been done before, but I've never heard of it. The light would be warmer in the afternoon, but assuming you cool the light, either in post or with an 80a/b is this something that can be pulled off convincingly? Thanks.

I'm currently shooting a film in Mexico, and due to actor availability I'm considering shooting a mid morning scene in the afternoon. Its exterior. I'm sure this has been done before, but I've never heard of it. The light would be warmer in the afternoon, but assuming you cool the light, either in post or with an 80a/b is this something that can be pulled off convincingly? Thanks.

Depends what time in the morning.

If it is early morning where there is light but not actual sunlight then you would want to make sure that there are no shadows (using a scrim to block hard sunlight), that it is a little underexposed and have an overall blue color.

If it is mid-morning like you said then I would imagine that the sun would be out, it would be low as previsouly mentioned, warmer, harder and obviously only come from one direction. So possibly block the real sunlight with a scrim, and use a 18K as your new light source. The only thing you will be missing are those beautiful morning sunrise skys :)

Ultimately just copy real life

here in the tropics sunset is contrastier than sunrise with the sky being darker than that of the corresponding morning sky with the sun in a similar elevation from the horizon. if that is the situation in mexico, you'll need to fill in a lot of your shadow areas to make it believable!

If it is mid-morning like you said then I would imagine that the sun would be out, it would be low as previsouly mentioned, warmer, harder and obviously only come from one direction. So possibly block the real sunlight with a scrim, and use a 18K as your new light source. The only thing you will be missing are those beautiful morning sunrise skys smile.gif

This is an extremely low budget production, so 18k's and blocking out the sun are out of the question unfortunately.

This are interesting considerations... Just to clarify, this wouldn't be dealing with the extremes of each end (that is sunset vs. sunrise or anything). It would be like, 10:30 mid morning vs. 2-3pm. Thank you for the responses, this is helpful.