Cine Apps for Android phones

It seems like a lot of people have been using the pCam app, on their iPhones. I'm curious to see if there are any cine apps for the Android/Google market, ie: G1 and MyTouch 3G phones?

FYI: i've already emailed David who creted pCam.

thanks,

Mike

• 5 months later...

Since Android has evolved I thought this thread could use some updating. I currently use:

Celeste Lite (free) - Sun tracker

DMX-DIP (free) - DMX to DIP calculator

FilmCalculator ($40)- Calculates just about everything to do with film. DOP, lense angle, sun, footcandles depending on actual instrument, focal length, lens matching, etc...

Bubble Level (free) - just as name says

Mileage (free) - logs and charts a history of all your business driving.

I have also found various other DMX tools but havn't implemented them into my work flow.

Since Android has evolved I thought this thread could use some updating. I currently use:

Celeste Lite (free) - Sun tracker

DMX-DIP (free) - DMX to DIP calculator

FilmCalculator ($40)- Calculates just about everything to do with film. DOP, lense angle, sun, footcandles depending on actual instrument, focal length, lens matching, etc...

Bubble Level (free) - just as name says

Mileage (free) - logs and charts a history of all your business driving.

I have also found various other DMX tools but havn't implemented them into my work flow.

Great thanks a lot, Mark. is FilmCalculator similar to pCam? i'm not actually sure what pCam has to offer or if you even know, but thought i'd ask anyways.

• 9 months later...

I am a big fan of Celeste Lite. Free and entirely useful.

I also have Photo Tools. A small and sometimes useful little application that has a very broad selection of charts, calculators, and wheels. Although I don't see how a gray card is actually usable on such a screen.

Lastly, there is Acacia. Allows you to input all kinds of fun data for formats and lenses to calculate optics. On top of that has a small logging section, almost like a camera report, although I don't find it convenient. There is even a quick select flashlight which allows you to easily get a spot of light without exiting the program.

• 3 months later...

is Celeste Lite still available? i couldn't find it in the Market. is there another "sun tracker" like app out there for us Android users?

-Kodak Cinema Tools: is a free app that has a Film Calculator as well as a DoF Calculator.

-CamCalc Free: is also a free app that has some useful tools.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

Since there's actually a lack of cinematography apps on Android, I developed my on, called quite basically "Cine Tool". You can download it for free here : http://goo.gl/EgF6m

And you can see it on the application website.

For now, it's actually mor for assistant camera : you can calculate the depth of fiel, the shutter, the time-lapse and how much memory space or film length you'll need for a given duration, but there's still not a sun position function or an exposition adjustement one, though it will come in future versions.

Don't hesite to send me your opinion !

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I also created my own app for the camera department for Android on Google Play and all Kindle Fires on the Amazon Appstore. I couldn't find an app for a camera log, so I created one. Since I started, it has evolved into more than a camera log and now includes more tools and references for DPs, ACs, DITs, operators, and even gaffers. I'm still testing new features, so I can give you a free copy if you message me. Let me know what you think!

Android Market/Google Play

Amazon Kindle