The Men Who Stare at Goats

Just started seeing promos for it last week, and was immediately intrigued. It kinda reminded me of something like "Kelly's Heroes", in spirit at least :)

AHHHH Kelly's Heroes, LOVE that movie. Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas and Don Rickles, man what a cast!! :lol: I remember reading one of the guys here worked on Goats. I can hardly wait for it to come out.

• 5 months later...

I saw the Discovery Channel doc on The Stargate Project and I thought, wow what a great movie idea. Obviously some one else thought so too.

I'm doing my own "remote viewing", I'm looking into James Steven Beverly's home, and oh my gosh....what are you doing to that cat....ok changing the channel now. :lol:

bazaar

=

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bazaar

R,

I saw the Discovery Channel doc on The Stargate Project and I thought, wow what a great movie idea. Obviously some one else thought so too.

I'm doing my own "remote viewing", I'm looking into James Steven Beverly's home, and oh my gosh....what are you doing to that cat....ok changing the channel now. :lol: '

=

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bazaar

R,

That wasn't MY house dude. I like my kitties but not in that way, you're satellite is a little off kilter and yes I MEANT '"Bazaar", a Persian marketplace, the story is set in Iraq after all!! :rolleyes:

I thought the ending was a let down.

The movie started out great, I was intrigued and I felt I was going to find out some great secret, or at least get an look at some very interesting characters, but it slowly unravelled and towards the end of the film they undid all the work they did setting stuff up.

Also, waaaaay to many knowing Star Wars references.

Edited by Mei Lewis

• Premium Member

Sometimes, that is called, "Putting the cat back in the bag." They did it on The Matrix trilogy. It's when you propose a troubling or challenging idea to society, only to discount it later in the presentation/s. It's a propaganda technique.

...or maybe they just screwed up the ending.

Also, waaaaay to many knowing Star Wars references.

I'm not yet at the top of the library's waiting list for this movie, but i did read the book.

There were 'Star war' references in the book. The goat starers liked to refer to themselves as Jedi warriors.

& the end of the book is dark, going into torture & MK Ultra.