Fomapan

Marty Hamrick

I've seen some film stocks on ebay and was somewhat intrigued by some 16mm and double 8mm b&w stocks that I always see on there.Does anyone have any experience with Fomapan.I was thinking of something for either test stock or some pseudo newsreel flashback scenes.

Marty

Guest MichaelCarter

I shot a lot of it in Regular 8mm last year and liked it a lot. All that info is now down and off my web due to increased band width charges. (I could sell a web CD of all the details of the shooting charts made with videos), I made half step brackets in my first films. 1/3 stop brackets would have been even more useful for getting 'the look'. You could really tell from shot to shot the differences. There was one shot that was on an overcast day, the subject had white tennis shoes and they show up so bright that it is too distracting. Do check on shoe brightness; carry some spray paint? Only Andec would process it over here, UK.

• Premium Member

Are you looking for a particular "look"? B&W films can be processed to achieve different "looks", especially for tone scale.

I know the older Kodak films like EASTMAN Plus-X Reversal Film had been available in Regular-8 (2R-1497 perfs) and Super-8. B)