Johnnie Walker

This is a great one shot, long form Spot!

Johnnie Walker

I am just the P90X Workout System so I won't be hanging with Johnnie for 90 days... gonna miss 'em.

Too bad for you!!! :D What impressed the Hell out of me was the acting. To have that much concentration and hit your marks so perfectly is amazing. I'm really good at hitting marks but this was something different. That guy's good. :)

That was probably the best advertisement I've ever seen in my life. And for so many reasons.

Yes, I agree, excellent acting. Great humor and authority and confidence.

The story told was entertaining and engaging. I hope it's all true.

Great location. Great concept "walking".

Great music.

I imagine Carlyle first did the walk and monologue several times and they set markers on where he would normally hit certain topics. And then set the props there.

Edited by Keneu Luca

I'm sorry guys but I don't think of it in the same light as you do.

It is a good piece with great acting but its not amazing.....I see it as a job well done by professionals.

Well yeah. I dont expect it to appeal as strong to everyone. Like with any other project.

Well done spot. There are few actors I can think of with the sure handedness of Robert Carlyle, whose performances are always amazing to watch. Al Pacino is one of the few other actors who I think rivals him in intensity and panache, if more over the top acting-wise.

Edited by Saul Rodgar

Hi Serge,

I did not take it that way at all. :) I just didn't want anyone to think I thought it was so fantastic! Certainly there are far more 'spectacular' spots/ shots out there. I just marvel at how smooth our work (can be) on screen... versus the often awkward and difficult mechanics we have to deal with, including Talent, to get a single shot... and when it all comes together it is seamless. Magical.

We all know how they are made, We make them. But they still have power over us.... to move us.

.....I just marvel at how smooth our work (can be) on screen... versus the often awkward and difficult mechanics we have to deal with, including Talent, to get a single shot... and when it all comes together it is seamless. Magical.

We all know how they are made, We make them. But they still have power over us.... to move us.

Hey David,

Indeed!

You're right, that is something to never take for granted.

I reviewed the post and in hindsight I was directing my thoughts towards the comments from the guy in the link you provided.

But hey, that is the kind of response we all work really hard to generate.

Cheers