canon 7D music video

Bobby Shore

nice work - I like the use of smoke and minimal lighting. Especially the shot when the girl is held up in the air and the beam of light is shining down on her.

Personal taste - I don't like streak filters. I've had several people ask for them saying they look like anamorphic flare. To me they look like one point star filters, and totally destroy any beauty the natural flare of the glass has. But I seem to be pretty alone on that one.

nice work - I like the use of smoke and minimal lighting. Especially the shot when the girl is held up in the air and the beam of light is shining down on her.

Personal taste - I don't like streak filters. I've had several people ask for them saying they look like anamorphic flare. To me they look like one point star filters, and totally destroy any beauty the natural flare of the glass has. But I seem to be pretty alone on that one.

hey man,

thanks for the feedback. I kinda agree with you, definitely don't think they mimic the anamorphic flares well at all, but I think they can add a little something to the image sometimes (although I admit it's overused in this clip). There's this company, Vantage, that's come out with a filter that actually gives the blue primo anamorphic flare:

here

budget was pretty much zero, so lighting package was pretty small... for the performance stuff was a couple par cans, 400 joker w/ leko attachment and a 2K back light pushing through some speakers in the BG.

hey man,

thanks for the feedback. I kinda agree with you, definitely don't think they mimic the anamorphic flares well at all, but I think they can add a little something to the image sometimes (although I admit it's overused in this clip). There's this company, Vantage, that's come out with a filter that actually gives the blue primo anamorphic flare:

here

budget was pretty much zero, so lighting package was pretty small... for the performance stuff was a couple par cans, 400 joker w/ leko attachment and a 2K back light pushing through some speakers in the BG.

check out video copilot's new anamorphic flare plug-in. quite nice. nothing beats the real thing though.