35 mm 3perf frame leader

Kamaljeet Negi

Friends,

Had a weird experience on a 3perf S35mm - Arri Extreme.

I am attaching a frame from the frameleader, I shot. (hope it is attached) The frame leader is totally out of synch of the ground glass. Therefore, What I see is not what I get. I got images with no headroom.

Anyone out here who can help me find why has this happened. What could possibly be wrong. Camera rental house couldn't find any problem with the camera.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers!

post-1371-1265648723.jpg

As the film has no streaking it looks like the timing is ok - but you should check it by marking a frame and inch by hand .

Is the GG seated correctly? Take it out and refit. Is it the correct GG?

I haven't done it for years and not with a 435 but can you put a bit of trace in the gate and reflect the frame marks onto the trace and see if they match up with the GG .

Have the camera hire company actually inspected the camera?

Hope this helps.

Nick

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs. My first guess was same, the GG not being properly placed too and 2nd that it could be 4perf GG. The rental house claims that had the GG would damage the shutter if it was loose or out of the slot. So I wondered how come the Shutter is not damaged. :blink:

This is the reply I got from ARRI GB Senior Technician, which I want to share.

"Please can you check that the ground glass is seated properly in to the ground glass holder? if this is ok then you need to use a parallax tube to adjust if necessary the ground glass position of the ground glass in relation to the PL mount and film gate, hope this helps, please do not hesitate to contact me for further information, many thanks in advance.

Best regards

Richard Hester

Senior Technician"

Thanks for your help once again.

Cheers!