What kind of connector is this?

Hello fellow ACs,

I just took delivery of a Cinetape Measure System, and noticed that the display has a wedge shaped cavity on the back to connect to a bracket or arm or something. I asked Cinematography Electronics about it, and they said that they were going to make a bracket for the display, but never did. I know I've seen this type of connector before somewhere, Panavision maybe?

Any ideas what can connect to this? I've attached a picture of the back of the cinetape.

Edited by John Waterman

• Premium Member

The machine shop term for that kind of attachment point is a "Gib lock". There aren't standard sizes or shapes, except that mostly they're done with a 45 degree angle milling cutter. They're so easy to make that most machinists just roll their own. Any shop that has a vertical mill can make some mating parts for you.

-- J.S.

It also has a small notch where a spring lock can click in place. I have some vague recollection of a noga arm where you press a button and lock it into an on-board monitor with this type of mating connection. Anyone know of on-board monitors or noga arms with this type of a connection?

• 2 weeks later...