lighting plan

hi,

I have a shoot this tuesday, it's going to be two people sitting on a table.

one on the head of the table the other on his lefthand side facing each other.

The director wants it to be a bit dramatic, warm and classy.

This is what i came up with for a lighting plan:

4408904633_698fc79d97_o.jpg

I havent included lights for the background in the diagram since i don't know what the bg will look like.

The will sit in front of a big wine rack that i will probably backlight with one or two 800w redheads or a blonde if needed.

the camera will be the sony PDW-700 HD camera with HD eng lenses.

I was just wondering if you guys think this is the best way to go or if you have some suggestions.

greetings and thanks,

Sander.

Personally Id flip the whole thing - Id get the two shot from the other side (directly opposit, 180 degrees), and backlight the actors with a practical lamp on the table. If you wanted you could float the china ball over the lamp just out of frame. I would ditch the rim lights unless your motivating them from a source in the background - Otherwise they might look hokey and less than dramatic. Maybe you could You Could still bounce the tweenie into beadboard on the camera side, but Id dim it way down and let the faces play in the darkness a good deal.

Hard to be specific, not seeing the location, the actors, the intended feel, but I figure this is how Id ball park it.

Hey Sander,

That's a lighting plan that can suit a million stories but if we don't know where you're coming from, to reach that point of the story and what it entails, and going to, then how can we give you an opinion?

Have you got any image references that match what you are trying to achieve?

Is it daytime? nightime? are there windows? What ratio of contrast are you looking to achieve? etc etc....

I'm sorry and please don't take it the wrong way but it really is as vague as that.

Cheers

Edited by Serge Teulon