remote wildlife webcams for live streaming, powered by solar pannels

Robert Gardner

Hi All,

I am trying to get a live webcam into some remote area where I won't be having access to any power source other than the sun. I was curious if anyone has any experience with that. How can I build a system that would give me remote live streaming powered by a solar panel. It would also need to withstand temperatures up to 50 Celsius and high humidity!

Any thoughts on this are highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Rob

Perhap a bigger problem is connectivity. What do you use for an internet connection?

Yes, that is our other issue we are dealing with at the moment. We will have 2 different locations, for one we might have to send it via satellite, for the other we might be able to use wireless network. I am very new to all this, so it might take me a while to find the best solution!

-- J.S.

Should be simple enough to find a pre-packaged system, panels, charge controller and battery (batteries). Size of the panels/batteries would depend on the camera current draw and if there is the need to shoot at night, which would require some minimal lighting. Some of the small charge controllers are totally potted, so humidity would only be an issue with the connections and the camera internals.