D-SLR FOTTAGE TRANSFER TO 35MM FILM

Sunil Prem

Dear Bruce,

Can you provide the contact info of the person doing this transfers in Ecuador? I want to know what monitor he means? LCD Monitors usually transfer does annoying cross lines to film (remember when we were trying to shoot our titles at film school?) I want to know how he does it so this electric generated lines do't copy to film. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I been shooting the same test using a apple LCD 30" display with a super 8 beaulieu sync sound camera at 24fps of course there are several differences from 35mm film to s8 film but since I am still getting the flickering from the LCD I want to know how to avoid that ( I try almost everything even a shutter at 220!)

Here the camera I am using:

• 4 weeks later...

I been shooting the same test using a apple LCD 30" display with a super 8 beaulieu sync sound camera at 24fps of course there are several differences from 35mm film to s8 film but since I am still getting the flickering from the LCD I want to know how to avoid that ( I try almost everything even a shutter at 220!)

Here the camera I am using:

Hi thank you for your test,I think your monitor working in 60mhz,there have any option to change to 48 or 50mhz,then should be ok,But I am not sure.

• Premium Member

I hate to sound like an old grouch...but...if you want to know how an HDSLR is going to look printed to 35mm and on a big screen then your ONLY option is to look at big screen examples.

The best current one would be "Act of Valor" shot by Shane Hurlbut, ASC with many Canon 5D/7D shots (as well as 35mm film shot material). Shane's blog at http://hurlbutvisuals.com/blog has extensive articles on how "Act" was shot and on which cameras.

(Note: the blog is down today, 3/25, at 11AM CDT USA for some reason...)