Double 8mm slitting service

Nicholas Rapak

I sent a roll of double 8mm film to Pac Lab in NYC to process my film after calling them to ask whether they can process double 8mm film. After being assured they could process it, I got my film sent back developed, but not slit. Do you know of anywhere that can just slit the 16mm wide film on short notice?

I sent a roll of double 8mm film to Pac Lab in NYC to process my film after calling them to ask whether they can process double 8mm film. After being assured they could process it, I got my film sent back developed, but not slit. Do you know of anywhere that can just slit the 16mm wide film on short notice?

Hi Nicholas:

Dwayne's has been doing it for me for $3 a roll...just had a second roll shipped. Send Krystal an email just to confirm.

If you expect to need splitting more you could also check for LOMO splitters being offered on eBay.

There a few guys from Russia or Oekraïne who have a permanent list of all kind of ciné and photo gear.

Often with handling partners in USA or Wesern-Europe. With paypal :)

I'll do it for free. Just send me the film and I'll slit it for postage, although my Russian slitter I think scratches one side of the film.

I'll have my tech take a look at the thing this week though. . .