Paranormal Group

I just recently started a paranormal research group, and we're really in need of some help when it comes to equipment and funding.

Cameras we need: Sony CX550V or CX500V

Audio equipment we need: Samson Zoom recorders and Shure Microphones

We are also coming up short on rent for our office space.

If anybody can help send me an email to Andrew.McCarrick@southjerseyghosthunters.com

We have a very basic website up at http://southjerseyghosthunters.com

Edited by Andrew McCarrick

We've been through this a dozen times on this site with people asking for free handouts usually to complete a film.

Sorry, but it is totally ridiculous for you to post this! Do you have any idea how many of our members here struggle to make ends meet even in the "good times." Most of us are free lance here and do not have a 9-5 M-F steady pay cheque job. To make matters worse, many of our members here have been battered by the recession.

And please you are not a registered charity, a paranormal research group? You've got to be kidding me?

Coming up short on rent for your office space? What a joke! Talk to the dozens of members here who can't pay their mortgage or rent!

What if we all got together and handed out money to every crack pot scheme that was presented on this forum?

R,

Your right, we're not... Not Yet anyway. We can't afford the $500 to register with the damn IRS.

Some how I doubt it's that easy to just pay $500.00 and be a charity?

Otherwise everyone in the USA would just create a "charity" and give all of their money to it as a tax write off.

And how on earth is paranormal research a charity? I'm sure it doesn't meet even the most liberal definition of a charity.

R,

Otherwise everyone in the USA would just create a "charity" and give all of their money to it as a tax write off.

And how on earth is paranormal research a charity? I'm sure it doesn't meet even the most liberal definition of a charity.

R,

Scientific Research = 501c

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501©#501.28c.29.283.29

You have to full under certain requirements to fill a non-profit and tax exempt.

There are numerous Ghost Hunting groups that are registered under this.

Edited by Andrew McCarrick

R,

Come on Richie, you should do it. Hey you might might end up with thousands of dollars worth (Canadian of course) of stock footage of the bedroom from Poltergeist!!! :rolleyes:

Come on Richie, you should do it. Hey you might might end up with thousands of dollars worth (Canadian of course) of stock footage of the bedroom from Poltergeist!!! :rolleyes:

So you're inviting me to shoot at your house?

R,

Cameras we need: Sony CX550V or CX500V

Audio equipment we need: Samson Zoom recorders and Shure Microphones

For folks with no money they seem kinda picky about what equipment they want. Panasonic and Canon not good enough then? :lol:

Edited by Karel Bata

For folks with no money they seem kinda picky about what equipment they want. Panasonic and Canon not good enough then? :lol:

No their not, because they don't make cameras that shoot in infrared, which is essential. The last camera that Panasonic made with IR capabilities was the DVC30.

So you're inviting me to shoot at your house?

R,

EXACTLY, We'll put on a few flying records, let the ghost lights bump to the beat, pop a couple of brewskis toss a couple of maggot ridden steaks on the BBQ, watch the walls bleed, you can tear part of your face off. It'll be a hoot!!! :rolleyes:

• Premium Member

Hello Andrew,

May I ask you some legitimate questions? Why ghost hunting? Parapsychology is already a field of study that begs credibility. Ghost hunting is the glitziest, yet, least credible aspect of that field. Are you doing this as an aspect of parapsychology or an aspect of video production?

...they don't make cameras that shoot in infrared, which is essential.

There's a lot of cheap surveillance cameras that shoot deep into infra-red. Hook up several to a (cheap again) hard disk based recorder and you can cover a whole house overnight. Do you need to be there to tempt the spirits out..?

Or pick up a Canon HV20 on ebay and take the IR filter out. It'll shift your focus a bit, but you're not going after broadcast standard here are you?

May I ask, once you have identified the presence of an inhabitant spirit, what do you do next? :huh: