Where Are The Pyramids?

• Premium Member

Hi folks,

I have been rather quiet on the board the last couple of months and thsi has been a major reason. We shot the film in Febuary this year in the course of two weeks. We're currently editing a long version (~45mins). Our short version has recently been accepted to the 10th Bicycle Film Festival in NYC this June 16-20.

Here's a little more info on the film (an excerpt from our Press Kit):

"The largest city of the Arab World. Over fourteen and a half million people.

The longest river of the World. Cradle of one of the oldest civilizations. Sand.

Dust. Dirt. 5 fearless fixed gear pilots. On the hunt. Where are the Pyramids?"

We had a team of 5 riders, all of whom are cycle messengers in Vienna and Linz. On the tech side I was supposed to have 5 people, doing additonal cinematography, timelapse, assisting camera et al and a sound guy. A week before we flew over that was reduced to 3 people but I managed to get a B camera operator over there for a couple days to help us out.

The film was mainly shot on two Sony PD-150P because we had those cameras sitting around for no cost at all. I was unhappy with shooting DVCAM, but that was all we could afford. We supplemented that with a couple of modded PC-8E Handycams for helmet mounting and the like. I also recorded time lapse with one of my Nikon DSLRs a D80.

You can check out some behind the scenes pics on the film's website at www.wherearethepyramids.com

There are thrre trailers up on Youtube, so far these have gotten close to 10k hits in the last two months.

If you're interesting in getting updates on the project become a fan on Facebookor send me an email and I'll put you on our mailing list.

Looking forward to your replies and comment!

Cheers, Dave

Congratulations David!

Some great looking footage in there! I especially like the shots of cycle cog blur and the end where they all hold up the bicycles! Fantastic!

Nice locations too, a pity about the PD150's but sometimes they give off a cheap BBC documentary look which can have a helpful psychological effect on people. ;)

Very excited for you! I hope you feel proud. :)

love

Freya

• Premium Member

Congratulations David!

Some great looking footage in there! I especially like the shots of cycle cog blur and the end where they all hold up the bicycles! Fantastic!

Thanks Freya. Yes, we're quite happy with the footage we got. You can check out the film at Bicycle Film Festival London, if memory serves me.

To all you NYC residents here: I'll be coming to the BFF New York City in June. Probably fly in the 14th and stay until the 28th. Anyone got ideas for accommodation? Anyone got a bed to rent? Thanks folks!

Cheers, Dave