Shaky image

At a guess. Brad is standing in front of a greenscreen (or has been separated from the background via the use of rotoscoping). The camera shake is added in the compositing stage with the foreground and background receiving varying amounts of shake - either through a noise expression or by tracking camera shake footage and applying it accordingly. Using either method of generating the shake would allow one to amplify and offset the foreground and background shake.

any instruction for this effect?

According to the DVD commentary, David Fincher explains that it was done on set with the camera operator (Conrad Hall, Jr) shaking that Panahead back and forth as the camera tracked in using whatever looseness was in the gears to get the vibration. The footage was then steadied in post so that Brad's nose stayed in the middle of the frame the whole time and then adding the film perf graphic.

According to the DVD commentary, David Fincher explains that it was done on set with the camera operator (Conrad Hall, Jr) shaking that Panahead back and forth as the camera tracked in using whatever looseness was in the gears to get the vibration. The footage was then steadied in post so that Brad's nose stayed in the middle of the frame the whole time and then adding the film perf graphic.

That makes sense to me. I tried applying a smooth-cam to a shot I had of two people walking down a hall. The two people stayed perfectly centred, but the background shook around wildly, almost exactly like in the video.

--

Jim