ARRI Variable Primes

So I'm prepping for a feature and I'm looking at shooting on the variable primes on the RED MX. I haven't found too much info about other DP's shooting with these lenses. I was wondering if anyone could drop me some insight on these lenses and personal experiences with them. Be very helpful if any of the experiences were with these lenses on the RED.

Things I'm wondering about is vignetting, ramping, how they handle flares and so on. I know these are things I can do in testing, just wanted some insight about them. I read the article on CML that Bill Bennett posted. Just wasn't sure they performed well or not since there isn't much out there about them. I heard that Pan's Labyrinth was shot on these lenses, if so I guess that is a statement about them considering it won the oscar that year for cinematography.

Any stills or frame grabs from footage shot with these would be awesome!

Thanks!

Doesn't Michael Ballhaus use them a lot? I thought I'd read that somewhere...I think much of The Departed was shot on them, intercut with the Master Primes.

I'd love to hear your experiences if you end up shooting with them.

Edited by Richard Vialet

Angenieux has two sets of Optimo zooms (and Digital versions too). They are nice, but the 25-250 is a beast, or course. If I had to shoot a movie using only one lens (for budget, mobility reasons, etc) on a larger format camera (35mm, Red One, etc), I would probably go for the 17-80 mm T2.2 Optimo.

http://www.angenieux.com/zoom-lenses/index.php?rub=1

Edited by Saul Rodgar