Hugo Cabret

I don't know whether many of you have seen this so I thought I'd share:

Steadiseg - Hugo Cabret

It's a novel idea using a segway to handle the 75lbs.+ weight of the Alexa stereo system. This will also be the first narrative film Scorcese will shoot that is completely digital - and 3D. I haven't enjoyed his most recent films (especially The Departed) but I won't hold judgement until this is shot and finished, probably the end of next year.

It's an interesting idea for a film adaptation, if I recall correctly the original story was a novel length picture book, set in france and illustrated in the style of film noir. It seems like a pity to use pretty much the opposite technology but oh well at least if it is 3D it's real 3D and not that post crap.

Fred

post-39173-12794090173968.jpg

• 1 year later...

Don't know if anyone else has seen it, but I really like how Hugo was photographed. The colors were lush and incredibly vibrant, the textures were especially rich, the framing was inspired to say the least, and the personally, I thought the 3-D was used in an exquisite manner . A departure form what Richardson + Scorsese usually do. Gave a me a slight feeling of a Delbonnel + Jeunet film. Sorry for the "+'s". I felt like using them rather than 'and' for some reason. What say you?

• 2 months later...