lenses

Cristian Carceller

HI everyone,

So i have with me the canon rebel t2i with the kit lens. I love the camera but the lens is just not cutting it. I really want one with a nice crisp image and an appropriate shallow DOF. I have been looking at the canon 50mm f 1.4 and that looks nice but I just dont quite know if it cuts the price. I am looking for a nice lens of the price range of 300 to 600 dollars. Please help me on advice for a new lens

thanks

crisitan

The 50mm 1.4 is a great lens and in my opinion is the best quality Canon lens at that price point (350 usd?)

Kristian

thanks for the response

I originally thought of getting the 1.8 version because it was so cheap. But it is such a bad quality lens so I might as well spend the extra money on a reliable lens that I know is built well and not a plastic little toy. Do you own the canon 50mm 1.4 yourself?

• Premium Member

thanks for the response

I originally thought of getting the 1.8 version because it was so cheap. But it is such a bad quality lens so I might as well spend the extra money on a reliable lens that I know is built well and not a plastic little toy. Do you own the canon 50mm 1.4 yourself?

The video quality of the lens is quite good. I have the lens. The build quality might not be the best but it will put out a good video image. Manual focus with the lens is a nightmare.

Where did you hear it is a bad quality lens?

50mm is a bit long for the t2i. A much better "walk around lens" is the Sigma 30mm f1.4 prime.

The video quality of the lens is quite good. I have the lens. The build quality might not be the best but it will put out a good video image. Manual focus with the lens is a nightmare.

Where did you hear it is a bad quality lens?

50mm is a bit long for the t2i. A much better "walk around lens" is the Sigma 30mm f1.4 prime.

Why is the canon 50mm a nightmare to manual focus. Because i rarely ever use manual focus. Do you recommend sigma instead because it looks like a better lens. And i heard that canon 50mm f 1.8 is a poorly built lens, not the 1.4

thanks for the help

cristian

HI everyone,

So i have with me the canon rebel t2i with the kit lens. I love the camera but the lens is just not cutting it. I really want one with a nice crisp image and an appropriate shallow DOF. I have been looking at the canon 50mm f 1.4 and that looks nice but I just dont quite know if it cuts the price. I am looking for a nice lens of the price range of 300 to 600 dollars. Please help me on advice for a new lens

thanks

crisitan

why the 1.4? I have the 1.8 and cant justify 200 dollars for the difference. I did some night shots with it here 3:26 first music video so be nice lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSm9EyCRfYY

Why is the canon 50mm a nightmare to manual focus. Because i rarely ever use manual focus. Do you recommend sigma instead because it looks like a better lens. And i heard that canon 50mm f 1.8 is a poorly built lens, not the 1.4

thanks for the help

cristian

On the 50mm 1.8 its because the focus ring is very small. I dont think you could even get a follow focus on it.