"Sons of Anarchy"

• Premium Member

Couldn't find the topic folder labeled "Shameless Self-Promotion" so I post here.

"Sons of Anarchy" Season 3 premieres September 7 on FX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmuLQVetvyg

Looks really good Paul! Good luck with it! Give us a little insight. Did you shoot the whole season?

• Premium Member

Looks really good Paul! Good luck with it! Give us a little insight. Did you shoot the whole season?

I have been on the show all three seasons. Currently on episode 9 of 13 of season 3.

Panavision Genesis x 2 - Optimo zooms x 2 (15-40mm and 27-76mm) - Panavision 25-275 zoom - Panavision Primo 100mm x 2 - Panavision 150mm.

Recording 4:4:4 on HDCAM. 7 day schedule per episode.

• Premium Member

I have been on the show all three seasons. Currently on episode 9 of 13 of season 3.

Panavision Genesis x 2 - Optimo zooms x 2 (15-40mm and 27-76mm) - Panavision 25-275 zoom - Panavision Primo 100mm x 2 - Panavision 150mm.

Recording 4:4:4 on HDCAM. 7 day schedule per episode.

Excuse my ignorance Paul I hadn't heard of it, but I just ordered season 1 on Amazon and I see that it's been well received.

Anyway I thought the promo was very effective, I loved the shot of the bikes riding through the mist at night and your low key work is just spot on. I find that difficult to pull off sometimes, how dark dare i go y'know? But it looks like a big crew your running, a lot of car work?

Also how do the optimo's perform with the primo's. I'm guessing after 2 seasons this is tried and trusted?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Was that an optical zoom at 0:16?

The B&W footage in the promo was shot over on a Sunday about a month ago by a promo company hired by FX so I don't know for sure if it was an optical zoom or not, however it does look like something done in post.

All the color footage including the smoky night motorcycle footage at 0.55 which looks a bit B&W are clips from actual episodes of Season 3.

• 3 years later...

Great show. I've just gotten started on it, very late. Very old thread, I know.

I think the cinematography is very good. However, it's too bad the budget wasn't there for film, given the location. The show generally, and the outdoor scenes in Cali in particular, would have lent themselves to film shooting. It worked so well for Breaking Bad, I'd have loved to have seen a film look here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...