Skip Town - Short film

Sing Howe Yam

Finished film I lensed last year. It's a short film/experimental music video for Nico Muhly (scored the film "The Reader" and plays a good bit with the Dirty Projectors)

Let me know what ya guys think! Happy trails!

Camera: Arri 3

Lenses: Zeiss Super Speeds MKIII

Stock: Fuji 8563 & 8573

CLICK HERE for the VIDEO

• 3 months later...

i loved the cinematography and production design, but why is it edited like this? who directed this thing? i felt like the music has a comic tone which the film lacks completely. i don't mean to be harsh, and i do love the cinematography (the way you catch the sunlight), but i lost my interest 30 seconds into the video.

if i were given such a piece of music, i would have shot it in a more playful manner with lots of color (definitely a different kind of script). i wouldn't go for such a gritty and intense visual piece.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Simply Amazing. Even more amazing are the comments on vimeo:

Looks like an expensive camera was used, maybe something like a Sony or a Canon. Probably edited on a Macintosh. However, hard to believe this is what passes for brilliant nowadays--no offense intended.

I agree with you that this was probably edited on a Macintosh.

The same editing can be accomplished on a PC ;)

That is total bs, no offense, please, no offense intended, but there is NO WAY this could've been edited on a PC... I'm sorry man, don't mean to be argumentative, but I'm just not having it.

Anyhow, I am almost able to suspend belief, until the night scene, in which I wonder where all the light is coming from.