Looking for someone to service my URSA 1

Sanj Sharma

Hey guys, I'm in the Toronto area. I bought an URSA 1 Telecine from Tom Hilbe (B STOCK TV) total crook btw. It powers up but I can't get the controls to work. Anyone out there know how to fix it? If you (or someone you know) is able to fix it. I will compensate you time and travel.

Hey guys, I'm in the Toronto area. I bought an URSA 1 Telecine from Tom Hilbe (B STOCK TV) total crook btw. It powers up but I can't get the controls to work. Anyone out there know how to fix it? If you (or someone you know) is able to fix it. I will compensate you time and travel.

Have you tried contacting Tom or B Stock TV about the problem?

• Premium Member

Hey Sanj,

Bummer about the URSA. We still have ours at Cinelicious and we always use the Cintel team if we ever need parts or serious board-level repair. Some of the minor stuff we do ourselves. It definitely took a few months or so when we first got it to dial everything in before we were comfortable doing our first transfers. Call Cintel 661-294-2310 and ask for Curtis.

-Paul

• Site Sponsor

Tom at B-Stock TV is a crook never buy anything from him.

We talked before about the Ursa-1 and it sounds like you are having a power supply failure problem to me.

There are two boxed power supplies that run the two racks on the right of the machine. The power supplies are under the crt, the top one runs the top rack on the right and that rack has the machine logic cards. I found that the supplies (in my URSA Y-Front) have cheap fans which slow down and slowly cook the supplies so the first thing to do is check if the fans are running. I think that top power supply is out in your ursa-1 and if you get it running the machine will work.

I also have noticed that the power connectors on the top of the power distribution box (with the switch bottom center front) have their internal screws come loose and end up making poor contact you should open all of the connectors up and check that the wires are tightly screwed down. I had a issue with one of my supplies this week and ended up pulling them both and replacing the fans with a much more rugged part on the outside of the supply case and they now run much cooler.

Call Curtis at Cintel and get an engineer out it will be expensive but worth it.

-Rob-

• 5 months later...

Hello - Tom here from BSTOCK.TV - When Sanj bought this machine, it had been fully serviced by CURTIS on CINTEL and was in perfect condition. - We warned him to ship it properly via an Moving Air Ride Van, but instead he cheapped out and sent it via a rick-shaw rickitie trailer, that showed up at our door, to save a few buck ( penny wise-pound foolish ) in which we warned him would FOR SURE damage the machine, and would void any further support from us from in-proper shipping. We then gave him Curtis at Cintels number, as well as some independant fixers which he then insulted and burned his bridge with . Sanj told us HE WAS A ROCKET Scientist and could service the machine himself, and again he cheaps out by reaching out for some one to fix it for free, and is in VIOLATION OF CINEMATOGRAPHY . COM RULES for defamatory conduct. The End-

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

This is very normal in URSA/ CINTEL machine functioning instabe, so dont be panic.

According to your observation, If you could give more info, Can manage to tell more on this.

Most likely it looks like the communication board on the right ride rack, the very first board seems to be an issue.

Two ways to verify.

1) Try to reset the board with the reset switch and see the control panel comes up.

Else

2) Switch off the rack , or if you are scared, the entire machine, then try to pull the board out and verfy that all the IC's are seated properly. propably try pushing the IC's back on the board, and re-insert. if its a minor issue, the baby will come up.