Ektachrome 100d & Canon Autozoom 518

Andy Pabst

Hello!

I'm about to shoot a mostly outdoor film this weekend with some rolls of 100D, and I want to know if this will work with my camera. I understand I need to leave it on the 'light bulb' setting to get it to work, but will it come out well? Anything I should know about shooting 100D in full daylight?

I've previously been using 64T with great results, just want to make sure i'm not SOL with this 100D stuff.

What do the "light bulg" and "sun" settings actually do? They're not exactly for shooting indoors or out are they? Are they different filters for different kinds of film?

thanks!

-Andy

Well first of all, if all you have is 100D instead of the 64T then you have to work with what you have, However, you will need less light outside with the 100D because it is a daylight balanced film. The D means daylight and the T in 64T means its balanced for lights balanced for 3200k color temperature. you can shoot the 100D without a filter. The 64T shot outside would need a daylight balance filter which would mean you would need a lot more light in comparison to the 100D in the same situation. Will it be ok? Probably, but then that depends on the weather, etc. If your camera has a light meter in it that can work without film or if you have a handhel (better) then set it to 100asa and the aperture you want to shoot at and test shooting the things you want to shoot on a bright day and a cloudy day. See if the meter says you have enough light or not.