Calling all lens experts

alfredoparra

Do you know anything about this Kinoscope anamorphic lens? I cant find any information on line or pictures, I found an old magazine ad for sale on ebay but thats it!

Link to kinoscope ad http://cgi.ebay.com/1956-KINOSCOPE-Wide-Screen-System-fits-8mm-camera-Ad-/310175353067?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4837e448eb#ht_500wt_922post-4720-001901800 1286129578.jpg

I can't state value of the piece, but everything else seems fairly apparent by the advert you supplied. The lens is one of several I've heard of, developed for the amateur filmmaker to shoot anamorphic widescreen like the pros (perhaps a latter day version of the 35mm lens adapter!). It is a lens attachment for the front, and comes with adapter rings so it will work with a variety of cameras and film guages. Then after all is said and done it can be mounted to the projector to unsqueeze the film positive, for convenience, ease and eliminating the need for a second lens.

Actually, it's a pretty nifty item, and has modern day applications, so might be worth the buy!