Business Myopia and Professional Discrimination

If you really think working in the film industry is an 'awful job' then why are you doing it?

For someone who is so Damned CRITICAL about every nuance of every single word and the way you meant it, surely you can do a better job:

"Just don't glamorize it in that it is somehow different than a lot of other awful jobs out there as far as hours are concerned." EMPHASIS ADDED

As far as it depending on what job you have, you must be a director then, because you surely act like one!

For someone who is so Damned CRITICAL about every nuance of every single word and the way you meant it, surely you can do a better job:

"Just don't glamorize it in that it is somehow different than a lot of other awful jobs out there as far as hours are concerned." EMPHASIS ADDED

As far as it depending on what job you have, you must be a director then, because you surely act like one!

You know what, you need to relax. I read what you said. I don't see how writing it in huge red font makes a difference. I never said the hours didn't suck. But you are making it out to be way more awful then it is. And yes, people working on set rarely (if ever) get to set hours. People in post quite often do though. My point was that it's not 100%, and that because the hours suck people would not do this job unless it is something they were passionate about. They could make the same or more money doing something with better hours. So why don't you read my posts more carefully.

I really don't appreciate you and Phil following me around this board and replying to every thread I post out of some need to contradict me at every turn. And then you fly into a rage if I dare to disagree with your reply.

Here is some giant red font for you:

Stop acting like a petty child! - EMPHASIS ADDED

I've done my share of shitty hours. I remember my first gig as a camera assistant. I was standing outside at 6am in the middle of an extraordinarily bitter Toronto winter. My toes were numb and I was so damn cold, but you know what I was thinking?: "Damn I love this job".

And I see the same from costume designers and set carpenters and whoever. Yeah, they bitch about the hours, sure it would be nice if they were better, but in the end these people are here because they are passionate about film and love their job, no matter how brutal it can be. If they didn't they would be doing something else. There are far easier ways to make a living.