camera mountable battery (no cables) for beaulieu?

Ted Hinkle

I currently have a beaulieu zm II that was reconfigured at some point by Super 8 sound (now pro 8) with external battery pack and it works great but I'd like to set it up some how so that I have the option to use a camera mountable battery without cables are there any solutions without having to reconfigure the connection? The battery doesn't have to last for very long even just 5 min. would be fine. Is there a viable solution or perhaps should I go back to the original beaulieu config. are there good batteries for the original config??? Thanks!!!

Edited by Ted Hinkle

I currently have a beaulieu zm II that was reconfigured at some point by Super 8 sound (now pro 8) with external battery pack and it works great but I'd like to set it up some how so that I have the option to use a camera mountable battery without cables are there any solutions without having to reconfigure the connection? The battery doesn't have to last for very long even just 5 min. would be fine. Is there a viable solution or perhaps should I go back to the original beaulieu config. are there good batteries for the original config??? Thanks!!!

If the original compartment is still there, I thought pro8 sealed them off, with the contacting springblades you could indeed find an 'original' battery. From Wittner or used market.

If there is only a connector on the camera you likely are best off installing a batteryclip/pack of 6 AAA on top or at the bottom. Then wire this to the connector. This is likely the cheapest method and would still get around 500mAh.

They took off the grip and the lenscontrols didn't they while 'improving' the camera? You might just as well get a 2nd camera in original condition. Much better for shooting from hand. :)

If the original compartment is still there, I thought pro8 sealed them off, with the contacting springblades you could indeed find an 'original' battery. From Wittner or used market.

If there is only a connector on the camera you likely are best off installing a batteryclip/pack of 6 AAA on top or at the bottom. Then wire this to the connector. This is likely the cheapest method and would still get around 500mAh.

They took off the grip and the lenscontrols didn't they while 'improving' the camera? You might just as well get a 2nd camera in original condition. Much better for shooting from hand. :)

I unscrewed the connector where the original battery goes and it still has the original 3 contacting springblades (no wires)... so I'd imagine I could just do like you say and find an original battery to use. It is an older reconfig. by super 8 sound (pro8) and they did not remove the handgrip or lens controls so I think this one will work great. thanks for your assistance!!! Looks like an easy solution this time. Pretty cool I can switch back and forth from battery pack to on camera battery when I choose to depending on the application. Didn't know I could do that!

Well I think I'm going to go with a recelled NiMh battery from Tom Houston of filmmaker8 you can purchase new batteries from him or send him your old ones and he'll recell them for you. He also sells a cool smart charger. It requires a slight in camera modification but sounds like it will be a good solution. He came reccomended by Bernie Odoherty of Super 16inc. who I always send my camera to for servicing.