go pro hero

Hi ! yesterdat I shot some test with this camera at 30fps and the best resoluc. 12 o'clock midday , sun on top in a swimming pool . Problem : otuside water the image is perfect but underwater, the image comes out very soft ... really really soft kind of out of focus and can't find the focus anywhere ( not near not far ) ...

Talk to a friend of mine, and told me its strange...

somebody knows why?

could be cause of the sun? the water was clear ... the walls of the swimming pool are light blue ...

post-13365-0-41434800-1292244563.jpg

its not uploaded in the best resoluc, but its aprox as I see it in my monitor..

Edited by Matias Nicolas

• Premium Member

Here's what they say on their web site about it:

>Can the camera be used for diving?

>Yes, the camera housing is rated waterproof down to 180 ft (60m), and our head strap mount is a great way to

>wear the camera on your forehead just above the diving mask. Please note that due to the curved lens of the

>waterproof housing for the HD HERO camera and standard def Wide HERO cameras, you will notice a slight loss

>of sharpness with underwater images. We are developing a flat glass adapter / housing specifically for

>underwater use, thus allowing for the same image sharpness that you enjoy with your GoPro camera above water.

>Please sign up for our newsletter to receive an update for new product releases. Here is a sample videos to

>better illustrate the video quality underwater: HD HERO underwater:

To me that looks like a lot more than a "slight loss of sharpness". But a curved outer surface and the

refractive index of water being higher than that of air would definitely account for the results you got.

-- J.S.