OCT 18 Lenses

Steven Wyatt

Hi everyone

Tried to have a look for a post of this if anyone had created one already but was unsuccessful. I'm seriously considering getting some of these lenses as i'm a big fan of Lomo lenses and these seem to be the most affordable cinema lenses for 35mm on a budget like mine.

I'd like to be able to use them on my GH1 or for some red work when I get it.

But what I cant seem to find is any information about PL adapters for these lenses? Is it even feasible to get a working adapter for this type of lens? There very similar to the Arri standard design where the focusing forms part of the barrell movemement in which case if an PL Adapter was clamped to the lens it would not be able to focus. Is this correct?

I've seen these OCT-18 lens adapter on Ebay : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OCT-18-KONVAS-KINOR-RED-ONE-ARRI-PL-mount-adapter-/260708693927?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item3cb372f7a7

Is this useable?

All comments appreciated! Thanks guys.

Regards,

Steve

Hi everyone

Tried to have a look for a post of this if anyone had created one already but was unsuccessful. I'm seriously considering getting some of these lenses as i'm a big fan of Lomo lenses and these seem to be the most affordable cinema lenses for 35mm on a budget like mine.

I'd like to be able to use them on my GH1 or for some red work when I get it.

But what I cant seem to find is any information about PL adapters for these lenses? Is it even feasible to get a working adapter for this type of lens? There very similar to the Arri standard design where the focusing forms part of the barrell movemement in which case if an PL Adapter was clamped to the lens it would not be able to focus. Is this correct?

I've seen these OCT-18 lens adapter on Ebay : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OCT-18-KONVAS-KINOR-RED-ONE-ARRI-PL-mount-adapter-/260708693927?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item3cb372f7a7

Is this useable?

All comments appreciated! Thanks guys.

Regards,

Steve

The adapter on image show good.

If you wish, can ask me about upgraded OST-18 lenses on Arri PL and i can show you many real images from real lenses.

If the adapter made good, the lens will have good focusing.

But, do not need remember, OST-18 and Arri PL to difference type of focusing mechanism.

Arri Pl have fixed mount disk and all revolving parts at focusing set inside body of lens.

OST-18 have fixed outside tube inside camera and revolving outside tube of mount at rear part of lens.

The revolving tube have special stop pins and do not unscrew at full from camera lens mount.