Benoît Debie - Enter The Void

bogdanovici barbu

Does anyone know how Benoît Debie might've achieved the POV shots from this feature?!

It dosen't look like handheld work nor steadycam. Still looks very realistic and organic-movement wise.

According to American Cinematographer, all the scenes when Bruno is alive were shot 35mm with an Arricam lite - Noe does most of his own handheld operating. I would imagine it was shot handheld with a fair amount of post manipulation and reframing...

According to American Cinematographer, all the scenes when Bruno is alive were shot 35mm with an Arricam lite - Noe does most of his own handheld operating. I would imagine it was shot handheld with a fair amount of post manipulation and reframing...

I am especially interested in the first part (15-20 minutes) in which Oscar walks around the room / lays in bed, then gets up.. all that - I can't really imagine how you can "handheld" those shots; be it heavy post. A body mount crossed my mind but seems very very complicated with a 35/16 mm camera.

I haven't been able to read the AC mag, haven't got a subscription...

Anyways, if you have any more info about the matter or if you could tell me more about how handheld work could replicate that, I would most appreciate it!

Thanks a lot, Mathew,

Cheers !