Canon Auto Zoom 814

Andy Pabst

I've been trying to find a better super 8 camera and really like the feel of the AZ814. I'd prefer to get the 814 Electronic, since it has some additional features and it's easier to find a remote for it, but I fear the broken manual light meter function, I bought one already that was broken, and had to return it. Also, there aren't as many listed on ebay, and this problem seems to be common, I don't think I'm capable of fixing it (I've seen some instructions online).

Do the older models have the same problem?

Is it difficult to find a remote for the older models?

Do they have any known issues as well?

I need some advice, lots of the older models pop up on ebay, what should I watch out for?

thanks,

Andy

http://vimeo.com/user6032483/videos

I've been trying to find a better super 8 camera and really like the feel of the AZ814. I'd prefer to get the 814 Electronic, since it has some additional features and it's easier to find a remote for it, but I fear the broken manual light meter function, I bought one already that was broken, and had to return it. Also, there aren't as many listed on ebay, and this problem seems to be common, I don't think I'm capable of fixing it (I've seen some instructions online).

I need some advice, lots of the older models pop up on ebay, what should I watch out for?

thanks,

Andy

The main problem with the ealier AZ model is they need a 1,35 battery for the lightmeter.

thanks,

Andy

It is very easy to make your own remote control. You just need a double wire, e.g. cheap speaker cable, a push switch and a jack plug. Solder one end of one wire to the tip of the jack and the other end to the first contact on the switch and then solder the ends of the other wire to the ring of the jack and the other switch terminal. Push the switch and it will operate the shutter.