Peilomat_Musicvideo_7D

Nice video! I like how you focused on the story brhind the music first. I dont understand the language, but I was a able to get an understanding from your visuals.. excellent!!!!!

hi, we made a new musicvideo for the german rock/pop band

peilomat...

shooted only with my 7d and my redrock shoulder mount...

used a 30mm sigma lens

have fun

http://www.vimeo.com/20573667

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd1TXHww9-Q&hd=1

Looks Great! I have never seen anything some on the sigma 30mm. I want one now... of course the lens wasnt the reason it looks so good, though! Awesome job, the footage looks super clean!

A question to you or anyone else whom may know the answer. The video has a very slow motion feel, Ive seen it before. Yet the lyrics match up. How was this achieved? Or am I wrong to think anything is different at all?

• Premium Member

Generally when shooting for a slow motion feel you can overcrank the camera and overcrank the playback on location. The talent then sings faster so when slowed down it looks like normal speed.

For example, you shoot at 48fps (2x as fast), you playback the song 2x as fast and the talent sings 2x as fast. Then, when you playback your 48fps footage at normal speed (24 fps) everything is slowed down 1/2 except for the vocals which are now slowed down again to appear at normal speed. Does that make sense?

Generally when shooting for a slow motion feel you can overcrank the camera and overcrank the playback on location. The talent then sings faster so when slowed down it looks like normal speed.

For example, you shoot at 48fps (2x as fast), you playback the song 2x as fast and the talent sings 2x as fast. Then, when you playback your 48fps footage at normal speed (24 fps) everything is slowed down 1/2 except for the vocals which are now slowed down again to appear at normal speed. Does that make sense?

Totally!

That was the only way I could think of doing it, but wasnt sure if there was another way its typically done. Having them sing 2x faster just sounded like a wacky idea. I like the look, especially for slower songs.

Thanks, Adrian!