My attempt at a reel:)

It would be very helpful if you guys could kritque my reel. I'm still very inexperienced and was hoping with tips of you I could get better.

Thank you so much!

D.D.

http://vimeo.com/20947242

There is some good stuff but it is outweighed by the not so good. Get rid of all the dark, not lit footage. Get rid of all the editing gimmicks. There is one shot in particular where you pan from a room to a guy in bed and them zoom to his face. What good is the dark footage at the head. People want so if you can light. They don't care if you can pick up a video camera and shoot anything. Cut it down to half at least. The fight scene is too dark. Keep the footage where you have light and some sort of separation.

The profile shot of the guy smoking the cig bathed in blue light is OK but it is only good after the rack and while there is smoke. The next shot of the guy smoking the cig is too dark and I would lose that.After that it looks good. The close up on the Asian guy is jittery but the lighting is good. The music is horrific. It was driving me nuts to the point I did not want to watch any more.

• Premium Member

I agree with Tom. Also I think the opening graphic with the color/font for your name is pretty hideous. Keep it simple or go for something really well shot (like in camera titles, somehow) rather than something which would be better put on a motion-graphic reel or an editor.