How to light (perfectly?)

Hello all:

I am the camera operator for the past 2 years in India. I used mostly Sony EX3 Cameras.

I am in the process of developing myself as DP. First, I decided to learn about the lighting techniques. I started reading books about lighting. Theoretically, I have the knowledge of exposure, light meter, lighting equipment, other good stuffs.

But practically, I am not comfortable doing the lighting.

For one of the recent Bollywood projects, I will be coming to LA this summer. Is there a place in LA I can learn the lighting techniques like a hands-on seminar? I will be staying in LA for 5 weeks. I will have 2 weeks for myself other than the shooting time.

I know lighting comes by experience. But if I have a good foundation, I can develop myself better on the ongoing projects.

Can anyone suggest any place or any other way (like DVD that shows how to light)?

Thanks for all of your time.

Edited by Prasad Kumar

I don't know if there is a video but there are two excellent books that I love and they are useful because they have some great large pictures and technical data with them.

New Cinematographers by Alex Ballinger

http://www.amazon.com/New-Cinematographers-Alex-Ballinger/dp/1856693341

Reflections: 21 Cinematographers at Work

http://www.amazon.com/Reflections-Twenty-One-Cinematographers-At-Work/dp/0935578161/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1302057768&sr=1-1

I highly recommend Reflections because it does not go into theory and elusive definitions of photography like other books, but rather shows clean hard facts and easy to understand data, including light fixtures and full color (and bnw) photos. I wish there were more books like Reflections......