Konvas focusing

Clive Alex

I recently used a ground glass over the film gate to check the focusing of two Konvas 2m's and found the viewfinder and film gate are slightly out of sync with one another on both cameras when focusing on a stationary subject. Do they need calibrated or is there a reason for this?

Edited by Clive Alex

I recently used a ground glass over the film gate to check the focusing of two Konvas 2m's and found the viewfinder and film gate are slightly out of sync with one another on both cameras when focusing on a stationary subject. Do they need calibrated or is there a reason for this?

Are the slightly out of sync too much ?

This is very important for you ?

The nonregistration at horizontal or vertical level ?

The ground glass of Konvas-1M, 2M made at one surface of angle prism.

This is prism set inside prism house.

The prism house jam on plate of mechanism by two pins and two screws.

The prism house position adjust on factory and do not adjustable at time of use.

But, the position of prism with ground glass can be adjust inside prism house by adjustable sheet layers.

The camera technician must have special standard film gate with scale and measuring microscope.

I think, you must worry about flange focal distance adjusting and correct adjusting of shutter disk, because, this is influence on quality of footages directly.

Can send me questions by PM

• 3 weeks later...