Kodak Vision3 500T super 16mm

Ryan H

Hi there.

Does anyone know the cheapest place in London that sells this film stock? I've been looking online but can't seem to find anywhere. What sort of price should it cost for a 400ft roll?

Thanks.

I wouldn't roll 500T in 16mm.

Karl, may I ask you why?

We shoot a lot of Kodak 500T on tv series here in Italy (though Fuji is becoming more used) and I don't see a lot of problems with it...but maybe it's just me :-)

• Premium Member

Karl, may I ask you why?

We shoot a lot of Kodak 500T on tv series here in Italy

The 500T seems to be the most popular speed, so I Imagine the grain is not as bad as it might have been 20 years ago.

AS far as the original question, most of the Kodak film is sold direct from Kodak, unless you are looking for ends and such. In the UK, you can start with the old http://www.kodak.com/go/motion address and select UK as your country. - that should let you find the contact info for the local office.

(in fact why don't I be thorough - here it is:

UNITED KINGDOM

Entertainment Imaging

Kodak Ltd.

Hemel One

Boundary Way

Hemel Hempstead HP2 7YU England

Phone: +44 (0)870 8501904

Fax: +44 (0)870 8502418

Web address: http://www.kodak.com/go/ukmotion

)

Edited by Charles MacDonald

Phone Kodak direct. If it's for a personal project, or you are a student, they will give you 15% off list price. 500T grain isn't too bad, and the Vision 3 stocks are a huge improvement. Getting your TK done on a Spirit rather than an Ursa will also help a lot.

Karl, may I ask you why?

We shoot a lot of Kodak 500T on tv series here in Italy (though Fuji is becoming more used) and I don't see a lot of problems with it...but maybe it's just me :-)

If its about grain, Kodak 500T is great. It's even better than 250D. I shoot a short film in the Basque Country on january 2010. We used both stocks (250D & 500T) and 500T looks better in postproduction. Even Kodak say 250D it's not so good. Don't worry about grain. It's not problem at all, with DI or optical postproduction process.

200T could be and option, but if you are looking for best prices, I think you don't have the biggest budget, so you will be working without a trailer full of HMI's an 20K's... so, 500T its better, even outside, with daylight. And you don't have to use 85 filter. Just remember do your color cards in every roll.

Good Luck!