Lighting of The Wolfman

Hey everyone.

I'm shooting a music video soon where a guy transforms into a werewolf and the director sent me this image, saying that he would love to achieve something like this. This image is obviously heavily manipulated in post, but I'm trying to get something close to it with VERY limited resources. We are shooting in a wooded area near a house at either dusk or night, and I have to work with only lights that I can power off 20amp circuits (we'll have house power plus maybe 1 or 2 6500w putt putt generators. Shooting RED, probably at around 3200K or 4000K. I'm thinking using lots of haze, backlighting him with something like a 1.2K with 1/2CTO high up and letting the light spill onto the haze behind him. The taking two more 1.2K up high on either side, backlighting the trees on the left and right, but with no CTO so they stay cooler. Let the haze fill in the shadows a little bit, then do some vignetting of the image in post to augment the falloff.

Either that or maybe bouncing light into a 12x ultrabounce overhead behind the actor to get a soft pool on the trees and the haze, leaving him in silhouette.

What do people think? Any ideas? I'm looking for some inspiration.

Alex

You can run a 2.5 HMI off of a Honda 6500 that has been modified with the 60amp bates connection

I can also get you a Twistlock 240v to 60amp bates adapter to run a 4k HMI off of a 6500 Honda but this only works with the ballasts that run on 120v/240v

There is also the new Arri M18 head 1800 watt open face style- about 19amps though.

I don't stock these lights since my business is 99% still rental but the grip is the same, if there is anything I can help you with let me know. Sounds like a low budget gig so I try to help when I can.

I do have a good relationship with an HMI vendor and he'll offer discounts also.