Shooting at 1000 ISO with EOS 60D

I am shooting an indoor short for a horror film with a Canon 60D; i am using one light source. I only want parts of the frame to be lit and the rest to be crushed out. To do this however I need to shoot at 1000 ISO. Tests look good on the laptop but I am wondering if the grain(which I like and want) will cause issues if I either down grade from 1080*24 or if I transfer it to any other format - broadcast. Or does it makes sense to shoot at 500 ISO at smaller aperture - I will still get some grain but also greater DOF and a DSLR image which is not as appealing.

Edited by Kumar Vellal

I am shooting an indoor short for a horror film with a Canon 60D; i am using one light source. I only want parts of the frame to be lit and the rest to be crushed out. To do this however I need to shoot at 1000 ISO. Tests look good on the laptop but I am wondering if the grain(which I like and want) will cause issues if I either down grade from 1080*24 or if I transfer it to any other format - broadcast. Or does it makes sense to shoot at 500 ISO at smaller aperture - I will still get some grain but also greater DOF and a DSLR image which is not as appealing.

1000 will give you a ton of artifacts. Use 1250 or 1600. 1250 will give you less noise, while 1600 will give you a bit more dynamic range. As for your main question, try looking at the footage on an HD tv if you can, or maybe some other displays to see how it might look. In my experience, ISO 1600 looks fine on a 1080p tv, as well as a standard def tv. I use a t2i by the way.