RBQ Knock offs?

I've heard that there is another company manufacturing quick release assemblies like the Ronford Baker RBQ. Does anyone know what those are and where I can find them in LA.

Or if you have an RBQ to sell I'll gladly take it off your hands too.

• Premium Member

An assistant named Dave Berryman has a machinist make some in batches. I bought one and it is very nice. PM me and I'll send you his e-mail address (don't know if he'd want it public)

You could try contacting Ron MacDonald at Cine Support Equipment, based in Montana. He's pretty much a one-man shop so delivery dates are kind of fluid, but he's very nice. I do know he manufactures RBQRs as well as anything else you may need* (QR plates, whips, cranks, etc.). I have no idea if he has a minimum quantity that he requires to manufacture, but he's worth a call.

No website to speak of, but a quick google search says (406) 363-0022. Good luck.

*Personal note: I really dislike the design of his spreaders (They fold outward when closing the legs), so just be forewarned if you are in the market.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Hey Chris I PM'd you but it says you cannot receive any new messages.

I got your e-mail and forwarded the e-mail I got about the custom RBQs. I love mine.

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting an old thread...

Does this business still exist? Phone number does not work.

--Looking for a cheaper alternative to this kind of quick release. We have a terrific big fluid tripod head, but no quick release. What could we use for a 30lb camera without spending $400+??

Thanks,

Steve Zimmerman

Edited by Steve Zimmerman

• Premium Member

Careful buying this knockoff stuff. Remember this is going to be holding $150K + worth of stuff to your cart, or to a crane, etc. Also, I would stick to the Ronford Baker standard. It's really a pain when one person on a crew uses a different quick release than everybody else.

• 2 months later...
Guest david berryman

howdy y'all,

just found this site by randomly googling ronford baker quick release & low & behold i found my name & product being graciously promoted by chris, indeed a customer of mine.

feel free to contact me directly for more info: texabilly at me dot com.

thanks

386034_217789578309910_885908190_n_zpsc4935f69.jpg

Edited by david berryman

• 2 years later...