bell and howell model c operating manual

Hello all,

I have recently acquired a 35mm and a 16mm B&H model c printers with schmitzer wet gate heads (!!) I am looking for an operating manual for the above, or even just a threading diagram.

The printers seem to be in farily good condition. I will need to build a new room to house them in (so many components, fans, motors, heaters). The last user of these printers purchased a light vane upgrade with a pcs computer etc.. Sadly, I didn't get given these modern vanes, just the older mechanical vanes, what is more without controllers. In an ideal world I would be able to get a wiring diagram of the mechanical light vanes such that I could build a basic controller, perhaps including an 'rf cuing' system on the printers, or even just a notch reading microswitch.

So any of the above (manual, threading diagram, or wiring diagram for the light vanes) would be a great help.

many thanks,

richard

• Premium Member

Hello all,

I have recently acquired a 35mm and a 16mm B&H model c printers with schmitzer wet gate heads (!!) I am looking for an operating manual for the above, or even just a threading diagram.

ICECO (AKA MTE, Kinneaman) in Miami has a 16mm Type "C" for sale. They just might be able to sell you a copy of the manual. They've had 35mm "C"s listed in the past so they may have a full set of B&H docs stashed away somewhere.

ICECO.

good sugestion Hal, have contacted them. I have been buying a lot of stock from them lately too.

thanks for your reply rob, would very much appreciate a scan of the threading diagram! my email is richard@nanolab.com.au

all the best,

richard

Yes, I need to look in to the viability of setting up the wet gate.

I would rather the printers had the older 'dry' bell and howell heads, but there you are. Until I set them up I won't know whether it is possible to run the Schmitzer dry.

The previous owner reported that they did try it dry once (and only once I think) and weren't happy with the stability of the image.

Any thoughts on the possiblity of using the Schmitzer heads dry?

many thanks, I do feel very lucky to have acquired these machines.

richard

I still have two Schmitzer printers in daily use, and wouldn't think of running them dry. There must be dozens of dry Model C's on the market, a couple months ago I dismantled one for scrap (keeping the good bits for spare parts).

• 1 year later...

I still have two Schmitzer printers in daily use, and wouldn't think of running them dry. There must be dozens of dry Model C's on the market, a couple months ago I dismantled one for scrap (keeping the good bits for spare parts).

hello, I wonder if you have a FCC or an old tape reader for a Bell & Howell C printer with electromechanical light valve.

thanks

Michelle