Technical Details EUMIG C 16

Simon Wyss

• Premium Member

Fellows

Here is some knowledge of the Austrian 1956 product.

Opening angle in black plastic shutter: 160 degrees

Rigidly controlled pulldown claw from the front according to ISO 69, leaving film at +3 position

Lateral film guide by spring blade at optical axis height

Main shaft bearing claw cam and shutter as well as governor shaft in miniature ball bearings, these under spring blades

Main shaft steel worm, driving worm gear plastic; grease

Three-blade centrifugal governor, horizontally arranged, leather-covered braking disk against steel arm

If one is to clean and relube the mechanism one has to totally disassemble the camera. No bearing can be lubricated from outside. Brass gears, not ground

The 25mm 1.9 lens has a ten blade double iris diaphragm.

Hope this will help somewhere sometime.

• 10 months later...

Fellows

Here is some knowledge of the Austrian 1956 product.

Opening angle in black plastic shutter: 160 degrees

Rigidly controlled pulldown claw from the front according to ISO 69, leaving film at +3 position

Lateral film guide by spring blade at optical axis height

Main shaft bearing claw cam and shutter as well as governor shaft in miniature ball bearings, these under spring blades

Main shaft steel worm, driving worm gear plastic; grease

Three-blade centrifugal governor, horizontally arranged, leather-covered braking disk against steel arm

If one is to clean and relube the mechanism one has to totally disassemble the camera. No bearing can be lubricated from outside. Brass gears, not ground

The 25mm 1.9 lens has a ten blade double iris diaphragm.

Hope this will help somewhere sometime.

Simon,

Great share!

Thank you so much.

Best

Very useful post - Thanks!

I have several of the C16s and they are getting slow with age (and old grease)and can barely pull film through the gate. They definitely need to be disassembled and lubed.

I have made a PDF of the instruction manual if anyone needs it.

Steve

Very useful post - Thanks!

I have several of the C16s and they are getting slow with age (and old grease)and can barely pull film through the gate. They definitely need to be disassembled and lubed.

I have made a PDF of the instruction manual if anyone needs it.

Steve

Thank you Steve!

I've downloaded that manual you made on A/City.

• 10 years later...

Hello, I realize this thread is over 10 years old, but I would like, if possible, to find that pdf file to compare with the factory manual I have. There may not be any difference, but I’d love to find out! I have the C16 and have now purchased a C16R. I’m guessing that the main difference is in the lensing - the C16 ones using the Eumicronar and Eumacronar screw in lenses to modify the built-in 25mm lens for the alterate focal lengths, whereas the C16R had both of those on the turret. Am I correct in my assumption?