Wanted: Eclair NPR Video Tap

Justin Lovell

If you have one, please let me know!

info(at)framediscreet.com

Do you already know about the AZ Spectrum ones? About $1600 new.

http://www.az-spectrum.com/nprvideo.html

If it has to be dirt cheap then maybe you can rig a small CCD camera on the eye piece. There was an ACL that sold recently on eBay that had one of those. I should have asked the guy to share the basic specs for this forum.

Re the multiple postings for this topic. They don't like that.

Cheers

Gregg

Do you already know about the AZ Spectrum ones? About $1600 new.

http://www.az-spectrum.com/nprvideo.html

If it has to be dirt cheap then maybe you can rig a small CCD camera on the eye piece. There was an ACL that sold recently on eBay that had one of those. I should have asked the guy to share the basic specs for this forum.

Re the multiple postings for this topic. They don't like that.

Cheers

Gregg

Thanks Gregg,

I am aware of the AZ spectrum model. I was actually hoping to find a used one around here somewhere. Don't want to rig over the eyepiece, as I'll be operating, its for recording playback for the stunt team to be OK with the performances.

Just a small job that wanted to shoot on DSLRs, but I'm trying to convince them to shoot super 16. It's going to look so much grittier and raw, just a tough battle to fight when most people are so used to digital now.

(sorry for the double postings, just in a time constraint jam and wanted to get a little more exposure).. my apologies.

• 2 weeks later...

I just borrowed a black and white AZ spectrum tap and wasn't all that impressed with it in low light.

Ended up noga arming a point and shoot camera above the camera and recording takes on that.

It was only meant as a reference for the fight choreographer to ensure that all the punches/kicks were selling. That was much better than the muddy dark feed coming from the video tap.