Self Promotion

Hi,

Cor, 98 whole jobs! That'll be something like 98 this year, you understand. For the whole year. In total.

Phil

Well, 0 whole jobs for this year, for past five years or so.

Of course it's hard, no one has said it's easy. And it's quite apparent you have more jobs there, but that's also true you have more competent people. But given I had the skills, which I do not yet have, I would pick England any day for Finland. You know, bigger marker, more chance. Then of course, I'd pick USA any day for England. But only a few are picking.

I've understood you're already doing quite a lot of paid DV work, that's so much more than I'm doing. But then again, I just started film school a year ago. I've done a lot of unpaid work and propably have to do much more, but I've scored some paid jobs as well. I had a four month contract last summer.

In this business you just can't think so negatively about the work situation. And according to what I've read from your posts, you are well on your way for bigger jobs.

The way I see it, you have to set goals, real goals. Otherwise you aren't even trying. Maybe you will never succeed, but what do you have to lose?

• 4 weeks later...

Phil, you can always move to the USA. People will be falling all over you because of your artiste British accent. I mean, if you have an accent you must be a real artist, right? I suggest having unkempt hair and a 5 o'clock shadow at all times. Maybe even a beret, but only the best can carry that one off!