Arri 2c grease

rob spence

Rob.

Assuming that you will be contacting Klueber in Munich, rather than a number of us individually contacting the Company, it would be very helpful if you shared on here any information you obtain. I suspect that any information you get would be most welcome. It would also be useful to have details of the lubricating oil Arri supplied with new cameras, if Klueber were the suppliers of that.

Regards.

BOB

• Premium Member

Has anyone got any Arri grease that I can buy from them?

Have you talked to ARRI in New York. I bought ARRI grease and the ARRI oil (Chronosynth) from ARRI in New York for years. I would assume they are still selling it. Be aware, it ain't cheap.

Best,

-Tim

• Premium Member

Hi Rob,

weren't you looking for this a year ago?

Any Arri branch should definitely sell it (I got some last year through Arri Sydney), though you'll never need the 100g minimum size tin - 1 or 2g should do you. I would recommend asking the closest Arri service department, or any nearby rental house that still deals in film cameras, for a small amount. It's the same grease used in many older Arriflex movements (Isoflex LDS 18/05). They would also most probably have the Chronosynth 1/8 oil as well.

I could sell you some but I'm sure you can get it from somewhere closer than the antipodes. B)

Stumbled upon this wonderful forum looking for some chronosynth oil as well. I've called the Arri division in NY several times but no one has returned my calls. I really don't want to buy the full tube from them, any suggestions?

Edited by Greg Bollinger

Hello Rob. I still have several tube of Arri grease and an Arri glass tubed oiler. I am getting ready to list several Arri items including 6 IIc and III ground glasses on eBay for next week. Let me know and I will forward you the links.

• Premium Member

Hello Rob. I still have several tube of Arri grease and an Arri glass tubed oiler. I am getting ready to list several Arri items including 6 IIc and III ground glasses on eBay for next week. Let me know and I will forward you the links.

Joe,

What Arriflex IIC ground glasses are you selling, and are they original ARRI product or aftermarket?

Best,

-Tim