Scarlet

F Bulgarelli

Hello

I might be shooting with the Scarlet and wanted to know if anyone had any feedback about it.

I have used the Epic and Red one plenty but not the Scarlet, do you guys feel that it has similar or same dynamic range as the Epic or Red One.

Thanks

FB

Guest Ben Pluimer

Hello

I might be shooting with the Scarlet and wanted to know if anyone had any feedback about it.

I have used the Epic and Red one plenty but not the Scarlet, do you guys feel that it has similar or same dynamic range as the Epic or Red One.

Thanks

FB

They have the same MX chips, but just don't have the same resolution as the Epic. So the dynamic range should be very similar, and RED says it will be identical to Epic footage in all but resolution.

The big difference between both camera is the camera writing speed.. that's why Scarlet gets so limited when it comes to the resolution and frame rate.. Turn on the HDRx, you get the half frame rate in every resolution when is off.

Dynamic rage wise? they should be the same.

• 1 year later...

People commonly use combo IR ND filters, the level of IR correction needed will depend on the amount of ND you're using, so this is a good method of ensuring this. Having a combined filter means you don't have an extra filter just cutting the IR.

Here's a REDUSER thread on the subject. http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?13265-Hot-Mirror-IRND-Mirror-ND-Filter-Matrix-Parts-1-4