OCT 18 lens TLC

lee kerr

Hi there,

A couple of my OCT 18 lenses I'm currently using on my GH2 need a bit of TLC, namely - the aperture ring on the 35mm F2 (OKC 11 35 1) is stuck wide open and will no longer turn (focus still works) and my 28 F2 (OKC 4 28 2) when mounted on the ciecio7 OCT18 adaptor ( Adaptor ) is incredibly stiff to focus although when uncoupled from the mount, the focus ring performs very smoothly.

Any help would be most gratefully welcome!

Many thanks,

Lee

• Premium Member

I would suggest the jammed iris needs to be looked at by a lens technician. It might be a simple mechanical bind in the aperture ring or actuating lever, but more likely the iris itself has cocked somehow and if forced it could damage the iris blades. Rebuilding a cocked iris is quite a tricky operation.

The stiff focus could be the back of the focus ring binding against the front of the adapter, or if it's the type of lens where the mount rotates inside the adapter (I'm not that familiar with OCT 18 lenses) it could be too tight a fit. Hard to say without seeing it.

Hi there,

A couple of my OCT 18 lenses I'm currently using on my GH2 need a bit of TLC, namely - the aperture ring on the 35mm F2 (OKC 11 35 1) is stuck wide open and will no longer turn (focus still works) and my 28 F2 (OKC 4 28 2) when mounted on the ciecio7 OCT18 adaptor ( Adaptor ) is incredibly stiff to focus although when uncoupled from the mount, the focus ring performs very smoothly.

Many thanks,

Lee

The lenses ask of service and collimating.

About jammed aperture control, i worry, need repair a aperture control mechnaism.

Any case, all this possible.

Will need know a version of lens mount adapter too.

A some versions of OST-18 adapters have a some technical details.

As of external view of lens mount adapter, the adapter with slide control focus pin inside.

This is adapter have black jam screw at top, need unscrew of this jam screw on a few turns, attach a lens and fix a lens inside lens mount by this screw.

All questions by PM olex.camera@gmail.com

Hi there,

Many thanks,

Lee

35mm OCT-18 mount lenses are still pretty affordable:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PO-61-2-8-28mm-LENS-Konvas-35MM-MOVING-CAMERA-000305-OCT-18-MOUNT-/270889056048?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3f123ef730

so is MIGHT cost less to just replace it with one in better condition unless you're just in love with it. The anamorphic adapter is probably worth having serviced.

35mm OCT-18 mount lenses are still pretty affordable:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PO-61-2-8-28mm-LENS-Konvas-35MM-MOVING-CAMERA-000305-OCT-18-MOUNT-/270889056048?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3f123ef730

so is MIGHT cost less to just replace it with one in better condition unless you're just in love with it. The anamorphic adapter is probably worth having serviced.

Aye rather than the wait I may as well buy another one to be honest :) The adaptor is new and a touch of gun oil has helped the 28mm so it's off to evilbay for another 35, thanks chaps.