Sunrise shot, what to do!

sebastian

I?m going to shoot a sunrise with mi xl1 camera. I was wondering I I could shoot it at LP rec mode since I?m going to make it go faster in post. Do I loose any image quality doing this? Or is it best to stick with the SP mode anyway?

Thanx

Ciao

I?m going to shoot a sunrise with mi xl1 camera. I was wondering I I could shoot it at LP rec mode since I?m going to make it go faster in post. Do I loose any image quality doing this? Or is it best to stick with the SP mode anyway?

Thanx

Ciao

Do NOT use the LP-mode.

- Anyway, I do not think you can play LP footage in SP mode. That is, the effect is not fast motion- if that is what you want to achieve.

The better way is to use the timelaps-mode in the camera (if your XL-1 has such an option. Or you can just record the sunrise as usual, and the speed it up in Post.

One option in such timelaps, is to (in post) devide the screen into to parts (still whipe - soft) and let the lower part go normal speed, and the upper part of the picture go timelapsed or fastmotion. -Maybe not for your shot, as you have the change of light because of the sunrise, but very effectfull with a car or people in the lower, and clouds in the upper part of the screen.

g E I R

I too would stick to the SP mode. I've heard of other XL1 users who shot in the the LP mode and experienced severe pixelization and dropouts.

I recently shot a sunrise and sped it up in post. You might be surprised just at how much sunrise you can capture in the SP mode.