Director of Photography Reel '12

• 2 weeks later...

Tons of great shots in here, looks like you've done a lot of cool projects. My only thought is that it might be a good idea to group a few of the shots with similar colors and intensity together. In other words, if we really feel the progression and shift in mood and tone rather than jumping back and forth between different scenes and styles, it could maybe help the flow. A very small critique though; shots are great!

Here is my updated Reel for 2012. Would appreciate any feedback from those of you that feel inclined to. Thanks for looking!

http://vimeo.com/32679431

Spencer Goodall

Director of Photography

(919) 971-8192

spencercgoodall@gmail.com

Los Angeles, CA

Tons of great shots in here, looks like you've done a lot of cool projects. My only thought is that it might be a good idea to group a few of the shots with similar colors and intensity together. In other words, if we really feel the progression and shift in mood and tone rather than jumping back and forth between different scenes and styles, it could maybe help the flow. A very small critique though; shots are great!

Thanks Jesse! I appreciate the feedback.

Regards,

Spencer Goodall

I agree with what Jesse said but would like to take it one step further. While yours is not a "director's" reel I feel it would help to place a few scenes together from the same project as they may have been cut in the final film. This would help to better see how your shooting and lighting style actually applies to the bigger picture, (no pun intended), and affects the emotion of the scene. Of course, the trick is to do this without slowing the pace of your reel.