Super8 music clip

Cahit Tomruk

I recently shot a super8 film for the music track of a local artist. Concept was of a pagan-forest type little story so we shot in the woods over a cold January weekend.

The clip was shot with a Nizo S56 using 100D film.

The footage was not the best as we run out of time (it was raining/snowing and we had to interrupt shooting) and also the old Nizo was getting stuck (due to cold weather?). It turned out that it was filming at the odd frame rate of 14.5 (was hard to do the lip sync)

Anyway, heres the almost finished clip

password: snowdraft

Let me know what you think

Hi Cahit,

I find the scenes a little too static but the colors are great, the transfer is very good too. I would love to show the Super 8 clip in the schmalfilm channel on vimeo when its ready. Just let me know. schmalfilm is the German magazine for Super 8 and 16 mm.

Juergen

• Premium Member

Her red hair with all the powerful greens works great. Striking. Bizarre (in a good way) art direction.

Seeing some breathing on the exposure when you are moving the camera. Framing is a little top heavy toward the end.

Great video! Keep them coming.

• 9 months later...

The clip for the song has been at last officially release so I am reposting the final result.

I used the neatvideo denoiser plugin in most of the scenes to great results.

Slight color grading with magic bullet but nothing major, colors were vibrant enough to begin with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QV4g4Na3Yo

PS. try to watch in 1080p. it makes a difference, as even 720p is heavily compressed

Edited by Cahit Tomruk