ND Filter for Double X 7222?

TW Foley

You should have ND's at hand. + POLARIZER for managing/shaping reflective glare on skin tones and grass/brick/windows etc

Depending on the color of the houses and what you want to emphasize you may want use color filters as well.

Today, as an example my meter @250 is showing T22.. Do you have a meter? That would be the easiest answer...what stop do you want for the film you have.

Id normally start with 2 stops and a Polarizer for the setup ..but I'd have the other ND's there depending on the story.

• Premium Member

If I'm shooting .... sunny day, and I am using Kodak Double X 7222, do I need a neutral density filter?

Anything much faster than about ISO 25 in bright sunlight will be easier if you have a ND filter available.

24FPS is effectively a /50th to 1/60th Shutter speed. The famous sunny 16 rule would mean ISO 50 film would require f/16 at 1/50th in bright sun. ISO 250 is more than 2 stops faster. so as has been stated you would have to crank it down to f/22 or even f/32.

Some ND would allow a larger appature in order to control your Depth of Field.

If the world was perfect Kodak would still sell XT Pan. which at ISO 25 was perfect for bright days.