First time DIT with ALEXA

I'm working a gig next week and it's the first time I'll be working DIT for the ALEXA. They're using the SxS to PRORES 4:4:4.

I've done DIT for the DSLRs, RED, EX3 and so forth. I'm familiar with SxS cards but is there a specific software to aid in downloading the ALEXA footage?

I also wanted to inquire about viewing the footage/proxys and possibly importing it into an editing program in case the DP wants to see any minor color/luminance correction. I don't have final cut. I have avid. Don't suppose there's a simple way to import the footage in avid, somehow is there?

Any information or advice is appreciated. Thanks guys.

• Premium Member

Get DaVinic Resolve Lite and try and learn it in time. It's a little tricky getting started with the workflow, but when you get the hang of it you'll be able to freely (it's a free program) manipulate the LogC footage and render out TIFFs or MOVs, if your machine is fast enough.

No idea about Avid - I've poked around with it, but not to really utilize it.

I'm working a gig next week and it's the first time I'll be working DIT for the ALEXA. They're using the SxS to PRORES 4:4:4.

I've done DIT for the DSLRs, RED, EX3 and so forth. I'm familiar with SxS cards but is there a specific software to aid in downloading the ALEXA footage?

I also wanted to inquire about viewing the footage/proxys and possibly importing it into an editing program in case the DP wants to see any minor color/luminance correction. I don't have final cut. I have avid. Don't suppose there's a simple way to import the footage in avid, somehow is there?

Any information or advice is appreciated. Thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...